Crime Commissioner launches the Be Scam Wise Campaign
An innovative campaign aimed at keeping vulnerable and elderly people safe from scammers has been launched by Lancashire’s Police and Crime Commissioner in association with trading standards teams across the county.
The Scam Wise campaign was showcased at two events – one for front line workers who may come into contact with elderly and vulnerable people – and another attended by Lancashire’s neighbourhood watch co-ordinators and volunteers.
The new campaign has a brand new and eye-catching logo, designed to highlight the Scam Wise presence within the community and show criminals that their potential victims are clued-up and aware of scammers operating in Lancashire.
Window stickers, posters, booklets and leaflets are now circulating amongst residents across Lancashire and are being showcased as a source of early intervention and prevention of crime.
You can download these Be Scam Wise materials free of charge to help prevent and reduce crime in your area.
If you would like to order any additional window stickers and leaflets please get in touch with my office.
Top Tips To Take A Stand Against Doorstep Crime and Scams
1. Display one of the Be Scam Wise stickers in your window
2. Don’t accept doorstep quotes for household repairs from roofing to driveways
3. Don’t but goods on your doorstep
4. Scammers can include clairvoyants and charity collectors who target the vulnerable
5. For advice or to report any concerns call the Citizens Advice Consumer Helpline 0345 4040 506