As well as helping to tackle local concerns, applications should also support the Police and Crime Commissioner’s priorities as set out in the Police and Crime Plan.
• Protect vulnerable people
– domestic abuse
– hate crimes
• Champion the rights of victims
– improving help and support for victims
– giving victims an effective voice and ensuring that their views are heard
• Targeted, local initiatives to tackle crime, anti-social behaviour and re-offending
– ensuring that anti-social behaviour is prevented and tackled
– local initiatives to reduce crime and reduce re-offending
– supporting local business and rural communities in tackling crime that affects them
TERMS & CONDITIONS OF THE COMMISSIONER’S COMMUNITY ACTION FUND:
- The maximum grant that can be applied for is £2,500, although the Commissioner will normally be looking for applications for less than this.
- If your organisation is already receiving funding from one of the Commissioner’s other grant or commissioning streams you are not eligible to apply for Community Action Fund funding.
- The Commissioner will not consider funding towards projects with a total cost of more than £10,000.
- Organisations with unrestricted reserves of more than £10,000 will not be eligible for funding.
- The Grant must be used for the project or scheme detailed on the Application Form and may not be used for any other projects or schemes.
- If the full Grant is not used for the proposed project or scheme any underspend must be returned to the Commissioner’s Community Action Fund.
- The Commissioner will normally only consider one application per year from organisations or groups.
- A copy of the organisation/groups Constitution and latest Accounts must be submitted with the Application Form. Failure to do so may result in the application being rejected.
- If your application is successful you will be expected to provide bank account details for your organisation. Funding will normally be paid into the nominated bank account by BACS payment. In certain circumstances LANPAC may propose making payment direct to a service/equipment provider where this would be benefit to the local group.
- An Expenditure & Evaluation form will be completed by the Applicant either at the end of the financial year in which the Grant is made or at the end of the project, whichever is sooner.
- The “Commissioner’s Community Action Fund” logo should be used on all literature associated with the project or scheme and this should be credited as the funding source in all media and press releases. By accepting the Grant you will be agreeing to the Police and Crime Commissioner being able to use details of your project or scheme in publicity and media releases.
- The Police and Crime Commissioner or a member of his Team will attend project opening or launch events where possible – details of these are to be provided to LANPAC.
- These Terms and Conditions should be read in association with the grant guidance notes.
For further information please contact LANPAC:
T: 01772 412796