Tackling crime and reoffending
I will do this by:
- Tackling serious and organised crime including modern day slavery and cybercrime
- Improving engagement with all our communities to prevent and reduce crime
- Working with criminal justice and community safety partners on crime reduction initiatives
- Funding and supporting initiatives that help tackle crime and re-offending through grants and commissioning
- Continuing to support substance misuse initiatives
- Rolling out an Early Action prevention based approach with partners supporting vulnerable people with complex needs
- Tackling hate crime by encouraging reporting and providing a robust response to offences
- Promoting road safety with our partners countywide
- Helping to tackle anti-social behaviour
Tackling crime and re-offending is the core business of Lancashire Police as outlined in its mission to keep Lancashire safe. The ever-changing face of crime in Lancashire and across the country means that tackling crime and preventing offending cannot be done by the police working alone.
We have multi-agency work taking place to tackle significant issues such as sexual exploitation of children, modern day slavery, and cybercrime.
And the public continue to have a significant role to play both through citizens in policing programmes and local watch schemes.
Partners across the public sector are working together in community safety partnerships on a range of initiatives to tackle crime and reduce offending. I have maintained funding for community safety partnerships and they are being encouraged to share best practice and work together on projects to improve local areas.
Improve engagement with all our communities
Engaging with communities through a range of communications methods and channels is helping to build local resilience and assist police in their investigations. Read more…
Working with criminal justice and community safety partners
My office is represented on all of the Community Safety Partnerships across Lancashire, as I want to ensure that my priorities reflect those identified at a…Read more…
Funding and supporting local initiatives
A range of projects across Lancashire have received funding from my office to tackle crime and re-offending. This ranges…Read more…
Continuing to support substance misuse initiatives
I have provided funding for substance misuse services that are commissioned by our local authority partners in Lancashire, Blackpool…Read more…
Rolling out an Early Action approach
Early Action in simple terms is prevention. Lancashire is pioneering ways of working including use of innovative ways of working and developing…Read more…
Tackling hate crime
Hate crime is a key priority of mine and my office and constabulary have worked together with partners across Lancashire to develop a wide-reaching campaign…Read more…
Promoting road safety
Road safety issues and an increase in road casualties mean a renewed focus on road safety for my new plan.
Tackling anti-social behaviour
Community Action Fund grants (link) of up to £2,500 are available to help grass roots projects work on tackling re-offending along with the other…Read more…